Before proceeding to the development of performance management and Business Intelligence solutions proper, Forcea creates an integrated Data Warehousing environment using unique dimensions.
- The upgradeable nature of this environment immediately offers the option of making adjustments, to ensure that the information provided always corresponds with requirements. On this basis, the Business Intelligence environment can be implemented in record time.
- The architecture of the Data Warehouse is made flexible in such a way as to ensure the collection of decision-making information from various resources. It is also modular, thanks to a reusable underlying metadata layer based on unique dimensions. This architecture offers a flexible dimensional framework, permitting reporting and analysis at all levels of the division and that can be extended into a solution on a whole-organisation scale.
Forcea consultants master the following processes:
- Strategic definition, design of the Data Warehousing environment and determination of the dimensions
- Implementation of Data Warehousing solutions enabling the extraction, transformation and loading of data derived from operational files in Data Warehouses
- Development of fine-tuned solutions for
- Business Intelligence, Reporting & analysis
- Scorecarding and creation of operating reports
- Planning, budgeting and simulation
A Data Warehouse reflects all the organisation’s processes. Forcea’s Data Warehousing approach is based on five fundamental processes
Study, analysis and definition of the Data Warehousing strategy
Forcea helps the client to catalogue and determine its requirements and priorities in terms of defining the Data Warehousing project, specifying the objectives, needs, scope, intended results, available and required resources (in terms of budget and workforce), along with the phases necessary. Forcea first of all performs a study and an analysis during which it catalogues the existing systems and the information requirements within the company.
Design of the Data Warehouse
Development of the Data Warehouse begins with a feasibility study focusing on the broad lines of the Data Warehouse architecture and the project plan. This preliminary study takes into consideration corporate problems, the structure of the organisation, the design and architecture of the systems and definition of priorities. The architecture is future-oriented and hence modular, upgradeable, extensible and modifiable.
Development and implementation of the Data Warehouse
On the basis of the priorities defined in the Data Warehousing strategy, the components of the Data Warehouse are developed in several phases. The client therefore receives operational components with short delivery times and is able to rapidly appreciate their results.
Project management and Data Warehousing consultancy
Forcea provides consultancy and project management services in the context of the launch and implementation of Data Warehousing projects, performs audits on the environments in place and guides the client in the selection of suitable Data Warehousing solutions.
Data Warehousing training and support
The transfer of knowledge and training is an important step in any Data Warehousing project. Once the project has been implemented, Forcea also provides its clients with assistance, maintenance and guidance services.